We interviewed Nicolas and recorded an actual play of Facing the Titan, all of which can be found over at www.podofblunders.com!
Facing the Titan
A downloadable RPG
Cette page existe aussi en français sur mon blog.
Follow Facing the Titan on social networks by using #facingthetitan
“We are the Company. Hunters, warriors, mages, scholars, nobles, barbarians, we have been brought together for one purpose: to put an end to the reign of the Titan. This gigantic being has caused ruins and desolation to our world for generations and generations. Progress and wonders are constantly at the mercy of the Titan’s whims. Despite their differences, an agreement exists between the nations. The Order of the Titan. Us and others. We have each followed a mystical instruction, a physical training, a spiritual journey or even all this. The decisive day is approaching. The one where our Company will be gathered. The one where we will stand up to the Titan. We have prepared for this confrontation, but we must not neglect our instincts in this battle. Let us get to know each other and rediscover each other after all these years. Tonight, let us share our experiences so that tomorrow those who survive can tell the stories of those who fall.”
Facing the Titan is a GM-less, zero-prep roleplaying game, for one-shots games of about 3 hours. It has been designed and playtested for groups of 3 to 5 people. A solo mode is also available.
You will play the Compagny, a group of heroes whose fate is to face the colossal Titan. And to destroy it!
You will only need something to write with and on, and two dices: a white one and a black one. Based on Swords Without Master (by Epidiah Ravachol), the game system will get you to tell the journey of your Companion to the final clash against the Titan in a series of five distinct Phases:
- The Companions Phase, where we meet the characters of this epic story
- The Titan Phase, where we learn about the Titan
- The World Phase, where we talk about the journeys of the Companions
- The Preparation Phase, where the Companions expose their plan
- The Clash Phase, where the Companions go against the Titan
You’ll find six basic Titans in the book. They’re all delivered with their own Setting, a tiny universe suited to them. Find out about:
- Ménébraz, the Living Mountain
- Vamakaskan, the Mother of the Herd
- Lofituina, the Horror of the Depths
- Satria, the Rusty Knight
- Jahadoo, the Error of the Magi
- Gureintinku, the Bronze Wing
Each one of these Titans will offer you an original adventure, replayable at will thanks to some random lists generating a new Setting at each game.
In addition to these six Titans, the crowdfunding campaign of Facing the Titan has made it possible to add articles about the game, to extend the way to play it, to modify it or event to create content like new Titans.
Additional Titans have been added:
- Greyness, Breath of emptiness (by Melville Tilh-Pluñvenn)
- Weaver, the Matriarch of Destiny (by Melville Tilh-Pluñvenn)
- Tchernarjeka, the One from the Poisoned Forests (by Tiburce « Khelren » Guyard)
- Anruud, the Wandering City (by Epidiah Ravachol)
- The Malakh, Weapon of the Ancients (by Raffaele « Rafu » Manzo)
- Taifū-no Orochi, Rainstorm from the Eastern Ocean (by Raffaele « Rafu » Manzo)
- Trikénéïdos, the Three-Secret Beast (from an idea by Pierre Rosenthal)
- Jagganath, the Savior of the Worlds
- The Cult of Cthulhu, California 70s
- The Wall, in the Shadow of the Giant
All the Titans of the game have been illustrated by Roger Heal.
In order to download this RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this RPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Buy the full game and add a Community Copy to the pool.
If you're suffering financial hardship or marginalisation, or can't afford to buy this game at full price for any reason, feel free to pick up one of the free community copies - no questions asked.
- How about thinning the Titan?Aug 01, 2022
- Updated Resource PackMay 30, 2021
- The 1.2 version is hereMar 11, 2021
- Resources pack addedFeb 07, 2021
- A new version is availableFeb 06, 2021
- Preview file updatedJan 30, 2021
- Full Game is now available !Jan 21, 2021
- Kickstarter Update and RulesMay 17, 2019